Guest Post: Eliminate On-Flight Boredom: Top 5 Handheld Consoles
Picture the scene. You’ve booked and paid for your Direct Holidays package deal to Gran Canaria. Your kids can’t wait to kick off their flip-flops and play on the golden beaches as you sit back, relax and watch the world go by. After all, it’s what Gran Canaria holidays are all about – the perfect way to unwind after months or working and schooling hard.
Keeping your kids entertained during a flight, no matter how long or short-haul it is, is one of the major issues that parents are faced with when holidaying with their families. Trying to ensure their children stay occupied, to avoid any unnecessary tantrums or teenage troubles, is a sure-fire way to maintain a stress-free holiday from the beginning to end.
Whether your child is at pre-school or they’re hitting their teenage years, one thing’s for certain; packing a handheld console and some replacement batteries into their hand luggage will help to keep boredom at bay. Whether it’s to keep them busy on the flight or to keep as a backup just in case the weather isn’t as expected, taking a video game console with you would be a perfect way to keep them happy.
- LeapPad Explorer – Perfect for pre-schoolers!
- PlayStation Vita – From Fifa ’13 and Sonic to racing games and Rayman, there’s something for everyone on this fantastic portable console.
- Nintendo DSi or 3DS – Top games include Mario, Professor Layton and Pokémon.
- Nintendo Wii U – the newest addition to the Nintendo handheld family and set to take the market by storm.
- iPhone – why invest in new consoles when iPhone and Android apps can keep them occupied for hours?
Let’s be honest. Packing a console won’t just keep your kids happy; even the grownups will likely have a cheeky go at some point – just don’t beat their high scores!
With plenty of superb choices from Direct Holidays this summer, it’s not too late to sort a Gran Canaria holiday with the brood. Take a look today for fun and games this summer!
Disclosure: This post was written and sponsored by a third-party.